Outdoor rock + water adventures in the lake district
ROCQUA Day, Keswick
£120.00 – £150.00
This is our best in show! The ROCQUA adventure day will begin by warming you up with a whopping 30m climb in the Borrowdale Valley just outside of Keswick. There is no doubting that you will be wowed by the views once you have completed your climb as you look over Derwent water below. Once you have soaked up enough atmosphere at the top of the crag, you will then get the chance to descend via abseil. What better way to get yourself off the beaten track!
Later that day you will visit Newlands Valley and try your hand at our ghyll scrambling and canyoning adventure in Stoney Croft ghyll. In our opinion, this is the most fun you can have in a wetsuit!
- Start times available: Morning: 9am
- Duration: Approximately 8+ hours (Depending on group size and ability)
- Ratio: Minimum of 2 person. Maximum of 6 persons (For larger groups please contact us for details)
- Minimum age: 14 years old (Under 18s must be supervised and accompanied on the activity by a paying parent/guardian)
- Weight limit: 18 stone maximum
- Buoyancy aid
- A friendly instructor to guide you!
What you will need to bring with you:
- Your own transport to and from the activity sites. Your instructor will meet you there
- Old trainers or boots with a hard sole and a high ankle support (Wetsuit shoes or boots are not appropriate)
- Swimwear to go underneath your wetsuit
- A old pair of shorts to go over your wetsuit
- Extra layers to keep you warm after your activity (i.e. Fleece woolly, hat, gloves, etc.)
- Dry long sleeved top and trousers for the abseil
- Packed lunch and snacks or cash to buy some!
- Payment for parking
- Any medical items you may require (i.e. Inhaler, EpiPen, etc.). Please tell your instructor if you have any medical requirement before you start your activity
Please note: Only bring shoes and clothing for your activity that you don’t mind getting wet and/or dirty. We are not responsible for supplying these items of clothing, we will only supply the safety equipment listed above.