Outdoor rock + water adventures in the lake district
Ghyll & SUP Day, Keswick
£75.00 – £100.00
Our action packed Ghyll & SUP day kicks off with a trip to the Newlands Valley in Keswick to ghyll scramble down the very popular Stoney Croft ghyll. This fantastic ghyll scramble has an exciting mix of elements where you can slide, dive and drop as you descend through the water. Once you have dried off, the adventure will continue with a tranquil evening of paddleboarding on Derwentwater, where we can explore the islands or just splash around. Don’t worry if this is all new to you as you will always be under the watchful eye of one of our fantastic instructors, who are there to give you a day to remember!
- Start times available: Morning: 9am
- Duration: Approximately 6+ hours (Depending on group size and ability)
- Ratio: Minimum of 2 person. Maximum of 4 persons (For larger groups please contact us for details)
- Minimum age: 10 years old (Under 18s must be supervised and accompanied on the activity by a paying parent/guardian)
- Weight limit: 18 stone maximum
- Buoyancy aid
- Paddleboard and paddle
- A friendly instructor to guide you!
What you will need to bring with you:
- Your own transport to and from the activity sites(Keswick). Your instructor will meet you there
- Old trainers or boots with a hard sole and a high ankle support (Wetsuit shoes or boots are not appropriate for ghyll scrambling)
- Swimwear to go underneath your wetsuit
- A old pair of shorts to go over your wetsuit (For ghyll scrambling)
- Extra layers to keep you warm after your activity (i.e. Fleece woolly, hat, gloves, etc.)
- Packed lunch and snacks or cash to buy some!
- Payment for car parking (National Trust car park for paddle boarding)
- Any medical items you may require (i.e. Inhaler, EpiPen, etc.). Please tell your instructor if you have any medical requirement before you start your activity
Please note: Only bring shoes and clothing for your activity that you don’t mind getting wet and/or dirty. We are not responsible for supplying these items of clothing, we will only supply the safety equipment listed above.