Outdoor water adventures in the lake district
Ghyll Scrambling at Stoney Croft, Newlands Valley, Keswick
£40.00 – £60.00
A ghyll scrambling adventure in Stoney Croft ghyll is a must do when in the Lake District! Taking place in the beautiful Newlands Valley in Keswick, there is no better way to explore this area than to scramble, slide, jump and dive down a tumbling mountain stream.
Once you have met your instructor at the venue they will kit you out, ready to get wet and wild! You will take a short walk up the old miners track on the side of Barrow Fell for approx 600m, soaking up the breath taking scenery as you go. Before we start to descend through the ghyll, you will be given a few top tips from your instructor on how to get the most out your session, and how to stay safe.
This is a exhilarating adventure which can really boost your mental health and wellbeing, whilst connecting with mother nature!
- Start times available: Morning: 9am / Afternoon: 1pm
- Duration: Approximately 2-3 hours (Depending on group size and ability)
- Ratio: Minimum of 2 person. Maximum of 6 persons (For larger groups please contact us for details)
- Minimum age: 8 years old (Under 18s must be supervised and accompanied on the activity by a paying parent/guardian)
- Weight limit: 18 stone maximum
- Buoyancy aid
- A friendly instructor to guide you!
What you will need to bring with you:
- Your own transport to and from the activity site. Your instructor will meet you there
- Old trainers or boots with a hard sole and a high ankle support (Wetsuit shoes or boots are not appropriate)
- Swimwear to go underneath your wetsuit
- A old pair of shorts to go over your wetsuit
- Extra layers to keep you warm after your activity (i.e. Fleece woolly, hat, gloves, etc.)
- Any medical items you may require (i.e. Inhaler, EpiPen, etc.). Please tell your instructor if you have any medical requirement before you start your activity
Please note: Only bring shoes and clothing for your activity that you don’t mind getting wet and/or dirty. We are not responsible for supplying these items of clothing, we will only supply the safety equipment listed above.