Outdoor water adventures in the lake district
Paddleboarding at Derwentwater, Keswick
£40.00 – £70.00
A paddleboard adventure is the perfect activity to view Keswick from a different angle! Starting off in the Borrowdale valley on the Eastern shore of Derwentwater in the heart of the Lake District, we will guide you out onto the lake to explore this beautiful body of water, taking in the scenery of its islands, wildlife and stunning mountain views. Whether you’re a complete beginner, or have mastered paddling before, we can tailor the activity to suit you and your group! As we only cater for small group sizes, your paddleboarding adventure will be what you want it to be, from a chilled paddle to relax and explore, to a more action packed session of jumping, headstands and splashing around – the choice is yours!
- Start times available: Morning: 9am
- Duration: Approximately 2-3 hours (Depending on group size and ability)
- Ratio: Minimum of 2 person. Maximum of 4 persons
- Minimum age: 10 years old (Under 18s must be supervised and accompanied on the activity by a paying parent/guardian)
- Weight limit: 18 stone maximum
- Paddleboard and paddle
- Buoyancy aid
- A friendly instructor to guide you!
What you will need to bring with you:
- Your own transport to and from the activity site(Keswick). Your instructor will meet you there
- Old trainers or wetsuit shoes
- Swimwear to go underneath your wetsuit
- Extra layers to keep you warm after your activity (i.e. Fleece woolly, hat, gloves, etc.)
- Payment for car parking (National Trust car park)
- Any medical items you may require (i.e. Inhaler, EpiPen, etc.). Please tell your instructor if you have any medical requirement before you start your activity
Please note: This is a fully instructor lead session! We DO NOT hire out our paddleboards.