Outdoor water adventures in the lake district
Stoney Croft Linked, Newlands Valley, Keswick
£80.00 – £100.00
This adventure links together both ghyll scrambling and canyoning at Stoney Croft ghyll, in the beautiful Newlands Valley, Keswick. Once you have met your instructor at the site, you will be kitted up and taken up the old miners track to the top of the ghyll. We will give you a few top tips on how to get the most out your session before you proceed to scramble, slide, jump and dive all the way to the canyon entrance for the second part of your adventure.
As you explore deeper into the canyon you will get the chance to abseil down through gorgeous waterfalls, slide and jump into pools of clear mountain water! This is an intensive double activity, which will leave you ready for a well deserved pub meal afterwards!
- Start times available: Morning: 9am / Afternoon: 2pm
- Duration: Approximately 3-4 hours (Depending on group size and ability)
- Ratio: Minimum of 2 person. Maximum of 6 persons (For larger groups please contact us for details)
- Minimum age: 14 years old (Under 18s must be supervised and accompanied on the activity by a paying parent/guardian)
- Weight limit: 18 stone maximum
- Buoyancy aid
- A friendly instructor to guide you!
What you will need to bring with you:
- Your own transport to and from the activity site. Your instructor will meet you there
- Old trainers or boots with a hard sole and a high ankle support (Wetsuit shoes or boots are not appropriate)
- Swimwear to go underneath your wetsuit
- A old pair of shorts to go over your wetsuit
- Extra layers to keep you warm after your activity (i.e. Fleece woolly, hat, gloves, etc.)
- Any medical items you may require (i.e. Inhaler, EpiPen, etc.). Please tell your instructor if you have any medical requirement before you start your activity
Please note: Only bring shoes and clothing for your activity that you don’t mind getting wet and/or dirty. We are not responsible for supplying these items of clothing, we will only supply the safety equipment listed above.
As is this activity takes place out in the countryside, there are no toilet facilities at this location